The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 958 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great real to life stuff here. We had on "old green" and it was heartbreaking when it got dinged up. Great message, and so nice the husband was understanding. Keep up the good words.
Oh, my! How awful! Sounds like something I would do.
02/15/08
I love your use of repetition - JUST right for this story. A great example for the topic - and what a husband you've got! ;)
02/16/08
Oh...ouch! Poor "Old Blue" and poor you. What a cool name for a pickup. Your husband is wonderful for not crying over the spilt milk. :) You've done a great job in writing this story and creating suspense for the reader.
02/16/08
This is a very good story. I can certainly relate to it. Great job!
Laury
02/17/08
Ouch. Sometimes we have to make more than one mistake to learn. I've scraped my car more than once, so I can relate to this piece. Good work.
I think I'd still be crying! Using the exact words and phrases from the beginning of your story to tell the second episode was very effective.
Oooh I cringed when I heard the scraping sound. Reminded me of when I took "Max's" front mud guard out on my daughter's rockery. I felt your pain. Well done.
Ouch,this is one I can relate to on so many levels. I especially loved the way you wrote the repeat of the incident a year later. Well done!
02/19/08
The repetition was just right--how many times have I done 'repeats' like that in my own life? Great job!
02/19/08
sounds like me backing out of my garage. It's either the side of the frame of the rearview mirror, or it's not seeing the big ole bulky garbage can in the alley. You really struck a chord of familiarity with this piece! Great for topic as well.
02/19/08
I smiled all the way through this...very pleasant read, perfect for this week, and very relate-able.
02/19/08
I love the way you repeated word for word the same description for both accidents. But how awful to have done it twice. I would have died on the spot. Good work.