The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1744 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/09/05
Good job! I liked the feel of this piece, and it flowed very well.
Sounds like a winner to me! I'm still drying my eyes. Eloquent!
05/10/05
A good portrayal of the grief and confusing emotions of losing a parent and being confronted with a 'new' one.
05/13/05
Great job. I liked the physical blanket around her and the blanket of pain parallel. I'm sure many can relate to the conflict this girl experiences.
I enjoyed reading that--well written. I especially liked the name you picked for the character! Haha! :-)
05/13/05
Nicely done and great title.
05/13/05
This would be a great addition to a Chicken Soup book and as a tool for helping others sort through feelings. Good job!
This is written beautifully! Great job! Blessings, Cheri
05/14/05
Very touching.
05/16/05
Touching, good flow, although predictable, it kept my attention.
05/16/05
I love the way the title integrates with the story without giving anything away. You have given a realistic, (ie step daughter doesn’t get a revelation and falls lovingly into step mums open arms) insightful and wise slant on an often maligned relationship and you have made God central to the story without preaching! Well done.
05/16/05
Beautiful Lynda, and I just wanted to take a moment to let you know that you were in the semi-finals on what was a highly competitive week. Well done. You also weren't that far off the Editors' Choice, so give yourself a pat on the back. Love, Deb
Yikes. The tears are rolling! Great work, as always...but please make me laugh next time! :)