The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1553 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I am going to have to read this to my family. I think I'm picking my jaw up off the floor!! This sounds like a true story, but if it is fictional, you did an excellent job of making the unbelievable believable! Thanks for sharing.
07/27/07
So funny! It wouldn't be so bad if the truck had at least been WHITE! Love your title, too. :)
07/27/07
I've heard of forgetting where your WHITE vehicle is parked, but getting in a different color... What a hoot! Humorous, well told, and I loved the last line. This shows your talent.
07/28/07
Enjoyed the laughs. A little work on presentation and this would be on the top side of very good. God bless.
A great story, well told. A normal human reaction to forget the hinges when the mind was totally focused on the drama of taking the wrong car. I related very much to this, as I have often gone to the wrong car by mistake.
Love your humor and the last sentence is priceless.
07/30/07
Loved your voice. Perfect for the situation. Got quite a few laughs out of this. Glad you're back, George :)
Oh, this gave me a good chuckle. That's the sort of thing I could do...even with enough sleep. Good story telling. I enjoyed this!
07/31/07
What a title and what a story! You're a good story teller and you manage it so well with your humour.
07/31/07
The title is perfect, and the story is a hoot. The black/white truck was story enough, but leaving the hinges behind was a great touch. (If this is a true story, then we'll have to give credit for the hinges, not to creative genuis, but to lack of sleep!)
08/01/07
Hilarious!

I'd suggest eliminating some of the introductory material, and expanding the middle section, which is top-notch. I loved it!
08/01/07
Really enjoyed this embarrasing moment. Good read. Perhaps a little more "showing" and a little less "telling" would have moved in along more smoothly. Loved the ending!
08/01/07
Oh! Thank you!! I really needed this laugh after some of the 'heavies' I've just read!! Too GOOD! I loved this. Just loved it!! :-) And I love how your title ties in and draws in.
Too funny. This was simply a fun read and a great story. I, too, was wondering if you happend to leave those hinges in the truck. Guess some things we do are just meant to be known.
08/02/07
This is a classic! I'm still grinning, even the title is funny. I agree with other comments, I'd get right to the meat of the story, it's too good to wait on!
A really funny story told well.
08/03/07
Well, now. If 15th overall and 6th in advanced is how you do when you're "rusty," I'm SCARED of what kind of contender you'll be when you're "nice and shiny." Congrats, George. ;)