The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1730 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Ha! I was about three fourths of the way through this before I realized it wasn't humans. I had no idea it would be slugs, though. I'm not quite sure how well it fits the theme, but I really liked it. Very creative!
12/04/06
Creative, but...from a Reader's point of view - needs some editing. Suite or suit? Capitalize Creator, words left out, etc...but yes, very creative.
12/04/06
I'm sorry, but...ewwwwwww!

Nah, seriously, you did a great job here, but honestly...ew!

Your creativity never fails to amaze me. Who goes to "slugs" when the topic is "volunteer?" LOL!
12/04/06
Definitely creative take on this topic! I agree with the ewww comments, but I also enjoyed the description of the characters' attitudes and such. Very realistic (for people, anyway LOL).
12/05/06
Whoa--did this one throw me. I was clueless until the very end. Not sure how it relates to the topic, but I enjoyed the creativity of this piece. And, I'll say "eeeooooww" as well. (he he)
12/06/06
Oh, this gave me such a giggle! I didn't catch on until the end. ROFL! I grew up in the land of slugs, WA State! We salted slugs in the back yard. Definetly creative and outside the box. Great ending!
12/06/06
This was very ... um... icky but I can't deny it's well written. I was wondering why they were covered in goo and then when I realized why.... Well, it was very well done. Thanks for sharing it.
12/07/06
You had me guessing all the way through:) Very creative and cute and a perfect ending!!
LOL! I thought this was fun reading. Creative take on topic. :)
12/07/06
I'm one of the ones who was clueless till the end, but that is what made it fun for me. And oh the memories of my salt-obsessed childhood that you brought to the surface of my mind! (My excuse is that I grew up with a bunch of brothers, who introduced me to the fine art of "slug salting.")
I didn't figure this out 'til the end, either! then I laughed at the name, Sluggo. My kind of humor, exactly! I once gave my brother, who was age four, a slug and took the salt shaker and poured salt on it and said , "Eat it." He did. I was a terrible big sister.
I didn't figure this out 'til the end, either! then I laughed at the name, Sluggo. My kind of humor, exactly! I once gave my brother, who was age four, a slug and took the salt shaker and poured salt on it and said , "Eat it." He did. I was a terrible big sister.
And for the third time ...
I read the whole time with a question in my mind... What is this? Then when you mentioned salt, it cracked me up! Slugs. Great names, great humor. Very creative, I like it. Good work. Blessings, Cheri