The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1654 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/06
The sad thing is that many times people put their own desires ahead of the call of God. Thanks for this well-written reminder of the cost sometimes required in following Christ.
10/28/06
A very good story with a meaningful message. Very well written and communicated. God bless.
Powerful. I'm not sure I would have had the same courage. Well done.
10/29/06
Very passionate story! I thought the title was just perfect. Excellent writing once again!
10/29/06
Excellent.
10/30/06
Beautifully written, very real and full of grace.
10/30/06
Very moving. I liked best your verbs - and the way you showed their emotions. I would not have changed anything at all. It flowed, satisfactory ending and was right on topic. Nice job.
10/31/06
This was so very beautiful. I felt the struggle in her heart, and in his. Extremely well done! Thanks for sharing it.
11/01/06
"Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart," comes to my mind. This is a poignant story, and very well written, as far as it goes--from my point of view :( for what it's worth. What I miss is the joy of the Lord. I guess I don't like reading sad endings---I would like your story better, if you dangled a little thread of hope, that Paul would be joining her, later. It seems that taking up one's cross is the message you want to convey. I would just like to see that in balance with Jesus' words "Take My yoke...my yoke is easy and my burden is light." If this were the opening chapter in a book, you would certainly keep your reader hooked, yearning to see how you resolve the tension! So: more! more!