The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 220 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
An interesting read :)
02/11/21
Praying for your absolute successes in life. You know WHEN we have any deficiency, that is NOTHING but an opportunity for God to be the FILLER UP of that need.
You GO for it.
My heart aches as I read this. My son struggled in high school. I did everything I could to try to get him help. It wasn't until he was in his twenties when he was diagnosed with learning disabilities. Even though he struggled, he made it through high school, went to a good college, and even though it was a struggle and harder work than even I know, he received his Master's of Divinity from Duke. It still blows my mind and I know he made it through one of the most difficult seminary programs in the US because God pushed him, stayed beside him, and has great plans. Don't ever get discouraged. You touch more people than you will ever imagine. With God's help, you are making a huge difference. Hugs.
04/08/21
Wow, this story has SO much potential. What it lacks is emotion. Show the reader an actual scene of you "sweating" through a test and the depth of the disappointment that followed. Show the reader your struggles as you watched your brothers breeze through school. Show the emotion of confusion, despair. Give the reader the scene of the suicide thoughts. In fact, that would be the BEST hook and keep the reader into the story. SHOW the hope you have found in God and his total acceptance.
I would delete the part of the accident, ticket, etc. It's an aside from the actual body of the story, which is not only the struggle to learn, but more importantly, your RESOLVE to OVERCOME! Blessings and keep writing!