The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 559 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/19/16
I had to smile, as I've stumbled over pronouncing the word all week! It's one of those that's so awkward, it takes practice! And yes, people have said " why wouldn't you just say TIRELESS?" 😀
I enjoyed your take on it, especially with the growing sense that it was a comparison to valuing oneself as a person. On reflection, I felt that the first paragraph did not draw me in enough, and I might have given up and missed the treasures that followed. I THINK I was confused by the personification of the two words. That they could be staring into a bathroom mirror possibly messed with my head. I hope this is helpful!
02/22/16
An interesting way to make a difficult-to-pronounce word come alive.
02/22/16
This was a unique perspective on the word indefatigable which I wouldn't have thought of myself. It seemed to make the word come to life. I had to look up the word to see what it meant.
02/24/16
Creative way to make this week's topic come alive. It reminds me of the phrase: A rose by any other name would smell the same.
02/24/16
So, so creative! Just great! You had me smiling the whole time. Well done.

I will say I was hoping for more interaction w/the sisters. But it's hard to fit a ton in 750 words.
02/25/16
What a creative take on this topic! I really enjoyed the way you personified the word and drew an analogy with our place in God's plans. Very well done.
Excellent! A very humbling expose on our tiny part as a piece of a huge jigsaw puzzle. I will long remember this, and look very much forward to future entries from your flowing pen . . .
02/25/16
Your story is excellent in theory and execution.

Well done! No red ink and several giggles--pronounced genetic flaw indeed, haa.
02/25/16
Congratulations, JE, on your first place in the Intermediate Category. I knew you wouldn't stay in this category long and can't wait to read more.
05/26/16
Yes, yes.

I agree with most of the comments above. An excellent analogy indeed!

I did have to laugh at Bea's comment. And I disagreed with the comment that the first sentence didn't draw her in. It certainly drew me in. Keep up the good writing. I am enjoying your submissions.