The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 884 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/09/11
Nice modern day job based on the "Prodigal son" - I enjoyed it very much, always love bible stories. God bless.
I like this modern' version of The Prodigal Son. My heart did drop a bit because my younger daughter wants to go to an expensive out of state private college. But I will love her unconditioned and know God will take care of her. Nice devotion.
09/14/11
This was excellent! Enjoyed the read!
Excellent modern retelling of a wonderful biblical parable. Obviously, daughters can be prodigals as well. Well written and well done.
I like the way you moved this parable into today's setting - and as you did we see our feelings (whether it be the youngest or the oldest child) remain the same. It is a hard pill to swallow, but your ending helps to make it clearer from a parent's POV - love cannot be explained away. Good job.
A reminder that we all fall into either categories-the one who is rebellious and leaves, or the one who is rebellious and stays- neither resting in God's love. Maybe at different times we've been both. But God is always the same, with arms open wide.
09/15/11
congratulations on your highly recommended article. God bless~
02/23/12
Gwen, I'm going to feature this original biblical re-telling on the Front Page Showcase for the week of March 5. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!