The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 925 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/30/09
This would be an interesting scenario, but one I hope we never see. I do think the topic was referring more to the countries that make up the United Kingdom, but you presented your idea in a unique manner!
01/30/09
An interesting possible future scenario.

I'm afraid it might be considered "off topic", as the theme "United Kingdom" was to refer to the UK on the map--England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland.

It will help your reader if you put an extra space between paragraphs.

This is suspenseful and fascinating, and well worth expanding! Thanks!
02/02/09
This is a well-written, expandible article. A scenario that could happen, but hopefully doesn't anytime soon.
02/04/09

I love to think out of the box and therefore appreciate the grand sweep of your writing. I like the authentic tone to the presidential pronouncements and the eerie possibilities you've conjured up. Interestingly I have also explored a similar theme, one that you are welcome to examine once the results have been published.
My main reservation is a political one. A Kingdom by definition has a king or a queen. And I don't realistically see the US agreeing to submit to the rule of a world-wide monarch. Perhaps a different term: united states is already taken as is united nations - maybe simply the Union? In similar vein I suspect that your title should have read 'United Kingdom of the World.'
All the best for your next entry - this quarter certainly isn't for the faint of heart
02/05/09
Interesting take on topic. Personally I don't ever see this coming to pass because of people and I'm glad that it won't. Take what the commenters have said and keep writing.