The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1784 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed the story of the apron and would say the children are very blessed. Excellent words of wisdom.
04/11/08
Beautiful - I teared up reading this. I only hope to be such a dedicated Grandma someday. The letters of love - what a legacy.
04/12/08
This was sweet. I, too, am a grammy. My children don't live 800 miles away but they live far enough that we seldom see them. Your story touched my heart.
I loved this story! My only daughter lives 850 miles away, and I only see she and her husband a few times a year. When grandchildren come, I know the trips will be fewer and farther between. This has encouraged me to know anything I do "from a distance" will be what the Lord will use to keep me close to my grandchildren's hearts! Thank you for sharing.
I really enjoyed this heartwarming story. Children come up with the most amazing thoughts and ideas, and I think it is precious that she smelled your scent on the apron. How blessed you are to have such lovely grandchildren, and how blessed they are to have you. :)

Thank you for sharing this special story. I hope it ranks high this week.
04/14/08
Oh my. My tears are flowing. You captured this so well!! This touched me greatly, and the best part is: my parents will be here in just a few weeks for their annual visit. *grin*
04/14/08
Good story and fine writing, thank you for the posting.
A beauitiful article from a very lucky woman. I pray that those with grandchildren will be generous in sharing them with women who for whatever reason
haven't been so blessed, but still desire to use their instinctive caring in a mothering relationship; Hopefully our churches will provide such possibilities.
04/18/08
Congratulations on your 2nd place. I like the way you used the power of smell in your story. Good job with the topic.