The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1265 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/04/07
Very well written! Interesting facts, and tears popped out of my eyes in the last paragraph...making the Title explanatory. Well Done!
08/07/07
Oh wow. This is so powerful!

The only suggestion I'd make is to focus on just one aspect of your story, and add more details. Either the changes the nurses saw, or either of the girls' stories. I felt like you tried to fit too much into the word limit.

This was very good overall, and your writing had me riveted. Great job.
08/07/07
You have written a gripping article about this terrible problem. I just can't imagine what life is like for these poor people so caught in this deathly trap. The last story is heart-breaking! Thanks for sharing this entry.
This is heart-breaking. Most of us don't understand the agony of addiction. Excellent writing.
08/09/07
Haunting and amazingly sad. Overwhelming, really. Love your last line, of course.
09/04/07
Thank you for the encouraging comment on "Have You Heard?" I always like to look at the work of someone that reads mine, and I'm so glad I looked at this one. Many in our society know nothing of the tormented world of addiction and how destructive it is. Thank you for sharing this desperate need in the lives of everyday people around us all. Blessings to you in your work and writing.