The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1615 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/19/06
Cute. Makes me wish I had a "Pint-Sized Patrolman" sitting on my shoulder all day telling me what to do, annoying me, bossing me around...OK, well, maybe not. ;) Loved the dialogue between the little dude and SHerry. It made it seem very realistic.
10/19/06
Adorable!
10/20/06
Oh, did I EVER adore this! SUPER job with dialogue, characterization and storyline. SO creative! I have a feeling this is going to be a favorite of mine - I'm gonna save this one to read over and over!!
10/20/06
I have a little guy too. He sounds more like a Texas Sheriff though. This was really good. Keep writing.
Great story, great writing! (I tell my own little guy to "shut up" way too much. :) )
10/24/06
A very enjoyable read, kool. I liked the stories pace, and that you let the reader define who the "lil" guy is. God bless.
10/24/06
Loved it. And your title was so appropriate!
10/25/06
Loved your dialogue work, the conversations moved well. Cute way of handling the subject.
Creative writing! This is definitely a favorite! I really enjoyed reading it, and you did an excellent job of bringing the 'pint-sized patrolman' to life. I especially liked the dialouge between the two of them!
10/26/06
This was really adorable and I enjoyed it very much! Thanks so much for sharing this!
10/26/06
This is great! Wonderful dialogue and a great take on the topic. (Reminds me of my Conscience police piece). Your writing just flows and is so lighthearted and enjoyable. I'm glad I had opportunity to read this fantastic entry!
03/29/07
I told ya before, and I'll tell you again - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! I wrote "way back when" that I'd come back to this often - and I just wanted you to know that I was absolutely OVERJOYED to be pointed here again.
03/29/07
How fun! :-) I have a bird that sits on my shoulder and is about as much fun as that patrolman is!! *groan* I love your stories! Thanks for sharing them! :-)
03/30/07
This is creativity at its best. What a fun read that I know I'll remember long after I shut down the computer for the day! Excellent!!!!
Great story. I giggled all the way through.
Betty, I loved your main character in this one :D
What a fun story! Now if I listened to my little police man as often as this Sherry did I might have less "issues" to work on. This was so delightful to read. Thank you.
Loved it and it reminds me of an all time favorite Bible verse, Isaiah 30:21 “And you will hear a voice behind you whispering in your ear: ‘No, this is the way, walk here.’”
06/25/08
hehehehe This MAY be my all-time favorite of yours, Betts. What a fun read, with an excellent message to boot (thanks for not making me "hunt it down.").
06/25/08
Any time Joanne Sher likes something as much as she does this one.... wow.

Of course, I agree.
Loved it all over again!!! Thanks for the repeat. :)