The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 399 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/17/16
This was a very sad piece. You conveyed a lot of emotion and some sad truths. I do urge you to keep some white space between paragraphs for easier reading. I also think you overused the topic word.
Your article really touched me. This sounds like a true story. I grieve with your MC. This line especially resonated with me: Maybe when you’re not living this daily nightmare, time passes much more quickly. For me, it’s as if it is standing completely still.

I do agree with Pat's comment, but I also think you have a a great grasp of the writing craft. Great job on covering the topic.
06/22/16
This touched my heart.

Blessings~
Maribeth, you have woven the topic smoothly with your palpable expression of the pain you are enduring. I am sorry that those whose support you really need are not being there for you. I am glad that you have found FaithWriters, and trust that God will work beyondanything you might imagine to touch others' lives through your candid writing.
We were just exploring Psalm 22 in our ladies' Bible study this evening. Know that Jesus, David, and countless others understand your feelings of loss and betrayal. The passage at the end of Romans 8 is also on my heart, where Paul reminds us that absolutely nothing can separate us from the love of God. I pray that He will bring those around you who have the compassion to traverse this path with you.