The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 569 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/05/10
A refreshing change of pace, and written with great tenderness.
I think this would make an excellent lead into a devotional. You write really well - capturing all the anxiety of a mother who has to let go.
03/07/10
Absolutely the Cat's Meow...I would have said when I was young! But as an adult I loved this even more. I actually had tears form up in eyes as I read this story. So well written, and so touching...as only a mother can do. Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Kudos for a terrific job!
03/08/10
Precious. Captured the very essence of that moment that must come to parents.
My oldest grandson got his 1st car a couple of months ago. Yes, I felt just like this. Two more grandsons soon to go down that road. It is a tough one.
Love your writing style, just effortlessly. Hope to see this one win.

Mona
I can so relate. my son just crashed his father's car. It's so scary thinking what-if. You did a beautiful job bringing the past memory into the present. I felt like I was right beside you watching your son grip the steering wheel.
03/10/10
Poignant. I find myself feeling the pangs of 'letting go' just by reading this--even though my children are still young.