The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1030 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a neat story, and you did a great job of bringing it to life. Keep up the good work!
05/10/07
Well done. It's so great that this story is true.
05/10/07
Well done. This story was well-written and it was even better because of being true.
I love getting to the end of an enjoyable story, and discovering that it is true.
Well done. This was great.
05/14/07
Neat story! What makes it better is that it's true! There was one confusing sentence in the second paragraph. I'm sure you could find it if you re-read it. It was towards the end. But otherwise, very good! Keep up the good work!
05/14/07
Definitely a neat story to tell - and know is part of your own history. Very cool. Enjoyed this a lot!
05/14/07
It's a wonderful family story, to be sure, and I thank you for sharing it with us.

The title foreshadows the ending of the story...and once I read the 2nd paragraph, I knew the preacher would find the family. I wonder if there'd be some way to tell this to give it a surprise ending?

Your story is a treasure; I hope it gets passed on to many more generations.
05/14/07
So cool that this is a true story.
Beautiful story. Good writing.
05/16/07
Picture-Perfect writing! Great story!
05/16/07
I love to read of this era and you've done a great job of delivering. It's wonderful that it's true. Nice story telling!
05/16/07
The title caught my attention. I really enjoyed this piece. Good job!
This was a really neat story. Thanks for sharing this.