The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1118 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Creative, well-written story. I especially like the explanation about how Gone got his name.
A sweet story. I liked when the boys acted like a horse drops a fish at their feet everyday. Nice job.
02/11/07
I love this! Great voice, and such an original story! The only (teensy) thing I'd suggest is to give us a clue to your narrator's identity earlier. We're five paragraphs in before we're sure of her gender, age, etc. I was assuming the narrator was male first, so I had a moment of cognitive dissonance.

This is just precious, witty and full of great imagery. And Gone is an unforgettable character in his own right.
02/11/07
What an awesome, fun story. I really enjoyed the take on the topic.
02/11/07
This is such a down-to-earth, "feel good" story. A pleasure to read. Blessings, Jo
02/12/07
Very original, and so fun to read. Nice lesson too.
Delightful! Good writing. Good story. Keep it up.
LOL! This was so funny to read. Very entertaining and creative, I loved the descriptions and the story! Wonderful stuff, Gone sounds like a unique horse. I liked the feel of this piece particularly. Great job!
02/13/07
Great story! I really like your narrator's voice - you capture this very well. Good humor, great descriptions, and I like the little tidbits of necessary information tucked into the story without dragging it down.
02/14/07
This is precious. I could see the whole scene. Good job. Keep writing. God bless. Janie
02/14/07
I loved the voice in this!! It was a fun read and had a good lesson. The descriptions were just right.
02/15/07
Mighty pleasin' story, if'n you ask me. Loved it! Such a delight from the nifty Title to the last line! (my only question being...do horses really lie down to rest? thought they always stood) Anyways...Super Job, and very well written!