The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 389 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/17
Beautifully written!
Great message too!
Blessings~
07/20/17
it so bugs me that I can clearly see mistakes on the submitted copy, that I didn't notice at all before I submitted. Obvious one like making grandma AND Livvie possesive. And forgetting to capitalize.
07/20/17
I doubt if there is one member who has not seen irretrievable glitches until they're submitted for all the world to see. I've just noticed the absence of some vital quotation marks in my entry this week, so don't be too hard on yourself.
You have used some strong word pictures in a short entry, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your punchy style.
07/21/17
I love the parallels of the grandma and the tree growing together. I also enjoyed the combination of poetry and narrative.
This is quite lovely. Some of the punctuation (at the end of the lines) and capitalization (like not capping proper noun like Grandma and Grandpa) distracted me slightly, but it seems like you've seen those yourself. The biggest advice I can give you is to hit preview before submit. It should take you to a different window so you can see it just like the reader will. Next, try to let it rest at least overnight and then read it aloud (or better yet ask someone else to). Last, and most importantly, don't beat yourself up over those things. They don't matter nearly as much as the message, and your message is beautiful. I really could relate to the seeds that Grandma planted, and the comparison to the tree brought tears to my eyes. You have a powerful piece here. I am certain God is using your words to reach people in ways you might never expect. Keep writing, and read and comment on as many other pieces as possible. By leaving constructive feedback, you will learn quite a bit about what works and doesn't work and be able to apply it to your own writing. I truly enjoyed this (and poetry isn't my favorite genre). You drew me in right away and held me to the very end.
07/21/17
I was so touched by this. don't fret about putting it in without rechecking it. I sent one in last week and messed up on the italics. Most of it was in italics. I will be more careful next time.

If you really want to know why we do that is because we are so involved with the writing.

Our heart and soul is in it so much that we want to hurry up and let others get a taste of our passion. I am the worst at that.


The comments given were great and the only thing I want to say is read a lot of other challenge entries, listen to the red ink comments, get all the instruction you can from the great partners at FaithWriters.

God bless and you will go far with your writing. Be patient.
I liked how you wrote this. Each line its separate thought but all the lines together told the whole story.

It was nice. Keep using a for that seems to fit what you are writing.