The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 418 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a sweet story. You made me smile. I thought it quite clever how you turned procrastination as something good. God does an amazing job of turning our blunders into something that can glorify him, if we let him.

Some of your lines could use some tightening, especially narrative lines that show who is speaking. For example I might tweak it just a little to come up with this: "I’ve lost enough money in unpaid rent.” She shoved the dog, its leash, and bowl into Mr. Kenilworth’s arms. “You can take him to the shelter; he’s your responsibility now.” She pivoted and stormed off.

I think you did a great job of writing on topic in a fresh and interesting way. The story moved along at a nice pace overall. Your ending left me with a warm feeling in my heart and a smile on my face.
08/13/16
One suggestion, in the following text could you insert (see insert I added), "Chester belonged to George, a former client who had recently gone to prison for embezzlement. [After he was incarcerated,] somehow George’s irate landlady tracked down Mr. Kenilworth and showed up on his doorstep."
Without the insert, the reader tends to get confused about time and place within the narrative. Just a suggestion. Overall good job!
08/14/16
I enjoyed this story very much. I also loved the fresh take on the topic. Good luck in the challenge- definitely one of my favorites.
A cute, warm-like story that will warm the hearts of dog lovers.

Nicely written.
08/18/16
Congratulations!! I'm not at all surprised
Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 22 overall. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.
08/31/16
Congratulations on your well deserved first place level win.
Your story was cute and I liked the positive outcome from your MC's procrastinating. It was a nice deviation.