The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 521 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/17/16
Great job with the topic!
I enjoyed this.

Blessings~
This was an intresting read. You weaved your story as the artist did his paint.
I like the way the artist painted Sam's life. I think your formatting and way of showing her life is quite creative.

Be careful with some of your sentences. This line could easily be misinterpreted and reads a bit awkwardly: Then, in from around the corner walks her brother.
Instead, keep it simple: From the corner of her eye, she spots her brother slinking towards her.
By choosing specific words like slinking, you can foreshadow something bad is happening.

I really liked that you told this story in the present tense. It's not always easy to do, but it emphasizes your message that God is active in our life, right here with us every step of the way. I thought it was quite creative and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's one of my favorites so far this week.
03/17/16
I really enjoyed the splashed of color you added to your writing.

Well told in the present tense.
03/18/16
Creative. I enjoyed your going back and forth between the artist and the others.
03/20/16
This was a creative way to approach the topic. I liked the smears of color that were infused in the story. The darker emotions were infused with brighter splashes of color.
03/22/16
I generally agree with other commenters that you set a difficult task for yourself--weaving between a painting and a person's life in present tense--and made a good effect.

Besides choosing more vivid words, as suggested, watch out for comma splices and run-on sentences. Also, you put a blank line between some paragraphs, but not always.

Editing and proofreading can be a "search and destroy" operation once you recognize your habits.