The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 472 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/15/15
This was lovely! I could clearly imagine God's love enveloping us with your potent words.
10/17/15
I lived next to a neighbor who had free roaming chickens. They would occassionally come next door to check things out.

The mother was extremely protective and it was fun to watch her as she rounded up her small chicks.

It is refreshing to know that God watches out for each one of his children in the same way.
My little chicks seemed to scatter like leaves in a brisk wind. Only the the clucking of the mother hen would draw them to her side. (I know young ducklings follow in a line.)

The commands of Jesus and the NT writers are like a safety net (arms of God) over us when we obey them. Obeying them keeps a person out of so much danger and misery.
This was a great take on the topic. Recently, I've discovered how fascinating birds are and enjoy watching them, knowing God is watching too. Your story pulled me right in. Your descriptions were delightful.

Be aware of starting certain words with a capital letter. If using a word like mother, think if it's a common or proper noun. A good way to test is to sub your name for mother: Example: You could say The chick's followed Shann, so in that case Shann or Mother is a proper noun. However, you wouldn't say The chick's followed their Shann, so mother would be lowercase. Likewise with the seasons. Generally you wouldn't cap them unless it was part of a name: I can't wait to attend the Spring Ball. It's the first week of summer. Here's a resource that might explain it better:http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/capitalization/capitalization-of-seasons.html
Also write out numerals up to ten, and some say up to a hundred. (Three, not 3)

I think you did a great job with your message too. With some tweaking and possibly some trimming (many devotions word count are under 300), I think this would make a great devotion. You may want to consider submitting to FW daily devotions.

Congratulations on ranking 6th in your level. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.