The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 481 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed this story. You set up the conflict nicely and used dialog to move the story forward.

The only red ink I might offer would be not to repeat stuff (like when the husband told the wife he would meet with Tom and where). Also, painting a picture is great, but make sure the descriptions you use move the story forward or show the personality or emotions of the MC. For example, instead of The waitress brought our breakfast and I asked Tom, "They don't know much." try something like this Tom bounced his knee so hard it rocked the table and coffee splashed all over. "They don't know much."
Not only does it paint a picture, but it also shows that Tom is anxious.

I think you did a fine job of incorporating the topic throughout the entire piece. You did a nice job with the ending too, which many people find the most difficult because of the word limit. This was an enjoyable read from beginning to end.
06/10/15
You definitely showed us his problems vividly, and ended it with God's sovereignty. I would suggest focusing more on the guy with struggles rather than the pastor. Just a thought. Thanks for sharing!