The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 471 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/20/14
Oh my goodness, this story packed a powerful message and touched my heart.

My condolences to you for your loss...which was heaven's gain.

I'm filled with admiration for your daughter-in-law, and your depiction of her,and the wisdom the Lord has given you through his grace and love.

This was a poignant entry filled with love.

God bless~
09/20/14
What a caring and talented mother-in-law you are - thanks for sharing this touching story. Very well written.
You won't stay a "beginner" long! This is an excellent piece . . .

Please consider throwing a brick for comments, critique, helpful hints and warm fuzzies!
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=38643

1 Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Hugs and prayers, Judi
This is a touching story. You do such a nice job of developing the characters. I enjoyed them all and they felt real to me. It didn't surprise me that this was a true story. One thing that would make it pop a bit more would be to do more showing and less telling. For example: Three-year-old Grant tugged on his Mom's arm. "Did God take Daddy to Heaven?"
Melissa scooped Grant into her arms and kissed his head. "Yes, Daddy is in Heaven with Jesus right now. I bet they're talking about how much they both love you."

Just by adding the actual dialog and some tender actions it creates a picture for the reader and gives more insight into the characters. I think you did a wonderful job of covering the topic in a fresh and interesting way. Pretty much everyone knows someone whose life has been touched by cancer. Your words and message give hope to countless families. You did a great job.
Congratulations on ranking 10th in your level. The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.