The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 526 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/21/14
I love this devotional break down of the superficial life as a "Christian" verses the meaningful life as a "monster" of Christ (sorry, you didn't say that, but it's how I interpreted it).

It reminds me a bit of the Ragamuffin Gospel, and it all hinges on the same thing: Honesty. We either accept, admit and confess who we really are, or we go around pretending that none of it is true and that we really do deserve the salvation Christ offers.

We know which is authentic, even when we pretend otherwise. But there is so much freedom in admitting who we really are and our true nature and no longer living to try to please men, but only God.

Honesty is also much harder for some reason.

Great job with this. I was drawn in by your title, and thoroughly enjoyed the read. You had a few typos, but those are easy to fix, especially if you have someone else who can give your story a quick read before you hit submit. :)
08/21/14
Interesting approach to the topic. A well written entry in thought, meaning and message.

God bless~
You present a good view of the needs of our churches of today. Once we are "in" we don't want the rest of the bad ones in.

Re-read this slowly. There are some added, misplaced or extra words in a place or two.

But your thought are well written and well taken.
08/23/14
Thanks for sharing your interesting devotional with us.

It's obvious you have given this much thought. God can and does use anyone He chooses.
That was well done. What a powerful message. I loved your humorous beginning anecdote, and then it turned around to a most beautiful meaning.
Congratulations on ranking 6th in your level and 22 overall! The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.