The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1181 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/17/14
Great job with the topc. I really enjoyed this well written entry. I especially liked the wrap up with the all too important message.

Well done.

God bless~
05/20/14
Very well written! The sad thing about this story is that it is too real for many girls in this world. I like how you turned it around in the end. This would be a good story for a teen Sunday school paper.
This could almost be listed as for "mature readers".

It was full of emotion some expressed by action others by words. This is always good.

I liked how you combined both a "good" gossip and a bad gossip.

Nicely done.
05/22/14
What a powerful piece! This is all too realistic in today's world, especially with the preoccupation of sex, making it na dirty thing instead of the glorious gift it was intended to be. Congratulations on a great first place in your level!
05/22/14
What a heart-stopper! I LOVED how you reminded us that the GOSpel gives a positive twist to gossiping.
Congratulations on a deserving win!
05/22/14
You kept me interested in this inspiring story all the way through. I could feel the pain and hurt. Congrats on a wonderful piece.
05/22/14
Congrats! God bless~
05/22/14
Congrats! God bless~
Congratulations oh your EC and such a high placing. I agree, your excellent story would make a great teens devotional piece.
05/23/14
Congratulations Donna! I could empathize with your MC's situation all too well. You wrote it so beautifully and with such bare truth. Love it thoroughly!
My heart aches for all girls like your MC. Unfortunately, there are more out there than we could imagine. Be aware of your punctuation with quotation marks. Once you had it outside (which is acceptable in UK, but be consistent) and once you used an exclamation point and a comma. You only need one or the other. Often I encourage writers to let their words do the exclaiming for them. Also remember to stay consistent with your tense. You were using past, then switched to present with spit. I understand that though because spat doesn't sound like something a kid might use. I thought it was super clever how you brought the story full circle. Congratulations on your EC!
05/26/14
Wow your story was a brilliant look at how what the enemy uses for harm can be turned around by our Father for good.

Loved it-thank you and congratulations on your win.
05/26/14
I love the ending to this piece, the way God brought good out of evil. Great take on the topic. Congrats on a well deserved EC!