The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 890 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/07/13
Hahahahaha...Cute play on words wrapped up in a familiar Bible story of the prodigal son.

Good job.

God bless~
Enjoyed the humor and the message.
Yes, an interesting take on that famous story.

The one part that is not told is of the other "little pigs" who also got their share and left home but never returned. They were just fried bacon.

From this we must be reminded that we must be faithful till death or we know what our reward is.

Keep writing stories that challenge our faithfulness in showing our love of God by keeping his commandments.
This is cute. You had me chuckling. There have been a few Prodigal Son stories this quarter, but this is the first about a pig family. Normally I would say don't take the topic literally, but you added a nice twist to it and it worked. Though I don't know if you considered this, it would make a cute picture book. It needs some tweaking, but I could see it being used as A Sunday School take home sheet.

If you haven't seen Jan's Writing Basics on the message boards, I'd encourage you to check it out. She gives wonderful advice for all levels of writers. Jan also answers everyone who leaves a post on her thread. God bless.
11/14/13
This was a humorous and delightful approach to the well known story. You words painted a hilarious pig story that could relate to any heart. I do not believe you will stay in the beginner level for very long. This in my opinion, is very well constructed and crafted.
Congratulations on ranking 7th in your level! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)