The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 687 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/19/13
Beautiful story! Thank you for sharing! I'm not sure if this a true story or not, but we just went through a very similar experience with some friends. Their son was not suppose to survive, according to doctors, but they took him home Easter!
Thank you for this beautiful moving story - very well written too!
This is a powerful story. You do a nice job of showing the emotions. I really liked the prayer before she entered the room.

I often don't read titles and even though this story might be slightly predictable, the title gives the ending away, so you may want to think of that in the future.

Overall you did a nice job of delivering a good message and writing on topic. The ending was sweet and the story shows the many ways prayer can be healing.
Very powerful, compelling story. Excellent.
Words cannot convey the joy flooding my heart at this incredible blessing. Is this non-fiction?
04/21/13
Each of us has sought a miracle, in our own private Room 134. Your story is compelling, and your writing is complete. Whether fiction or non-fiction, you delivered not only about a miracle, but a message within. Please, keep writing.
04/23/13
Very powerful story about a mother's love! I enjoyed reading it very much. I agree with the other comment about maybe changing the title so it does not give away the beautiful ending. Thank you for a wonderful article.
This story was precious and made me cry as the mom was holding her little one, booties and all for the very first time. If I hadn't known about the title, I don't know if I would have expected a miracle or not. However, it was such a beautiful story, and told with so much intimacy that I didn't care. Some of the grammar points were a little distracting though such as when you have at the beginning, "Who better than her..." It should be "Who better than she..." There were a few other places, but you had be engaged throughout your piece and snatched me away into Rm. 304 right along with you. I am so thankful for the miracles that God performs everyday, just like this one. Many blessings to you, and I look forward to reading many more of your entries in the future.
Congratulations on ranking 8 in your level and 29 overall! (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards)