The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 730 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a lovely story about how your daughter changed your life. My Emily was born 11 months to the day after your Sarah so I really do understand.

Try double spacing between paragraphs to give the reader that all important white space. Also try not to use so many exclamation points. Your words are strong enough on their own; save the exclamation points for dialog. Using "salsa" verbs will help spice about your writing. On the message boards, in Jan's Writing Basics, she covers this and other topics. It's been a great help for me.

You did a great job of pulling your reader in. It was easy to relate to your story and left me with a feel good feeling. Keep writing!
09/27/11
Unique perspective of seeing joy and trials as mutual friends, and as each in their own way promotes growth of our spirits, I would have to agree. Though one of them we desire to keep and the other, we are glad to end the friendship! LOL I remember saying many times of the worst trial I have ever gone through, I wouldn’t take anything for the experience and growth I gained but I would never want to go through it again! LOL Great job on this and the pondering it arouses in the reader! Enjoyed!
Thanks Julie for your wisdom. I really need that for my 16 year-old. It does help me see the light at the end of the tunnel, especially when I feel like it will never end.

It is so true and confusing how joy accompanies trials. It is beautiful and warming to know we can put our trust in God to provide a way for all who believe.

Great writing!!!
09/30/11
This awesome! I love how you tied joy and trials together. Keep up the great work!
Gwen