The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 841 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very well written. You capture Allan's aloneness, and then his longing to be back in some kind of fellowship - nicely. Overall good job!!
10/20/07
I love, love, love the idea of this, and the first half was absolutely riveting. The second half seemed just a tad weaker--a lot of telling, not as much showing.

You've written an extremely compelling character--find a way to get your readers more into his head, and you've got a read winner.
10/22/07
Diving away from danger is probably the classic fight move. Unfortunately it is very hard to write or play a computer game in a way that would allow you do it. Nonetheless I am a teenager and have a good deal of experience with computer games- and loved this writing. Well done. I also liked the ending, but it was not as dramatic as the start and almost makes the alternative Allen chose seem boring.
Riveting! So could identify with this, how many night did we watch my husband play Tomb Raider? Great writing. Nice turn around for the character in play. Keep up the great writing.
If this is your first challenge entry (which it seems to be from your profile) I am very impressed. Your idea is very creative. You do a good job showing someone who has become isolated but really needs fellowship. Great idea. Keep up the good work!