The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 655 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/09/07
"Now this is what you call a blessed shopping trip." Agreed! "When you have nowhere else to turn pray to God.." Such a sad state when we turn to Him last instead of first. It is neat to see in your story though that it doesn't hinder God's answer even if we seek Him last. Good job.
God comes through, if we only believe. Good example here. You need to work on sentencing, paragraphs and punctuation, but the context of the story is very good. Keep writing.
03/15/07
How nice! What a wonderful answer to prayer, and a lovely example of walking by faith. Good job
03/20/07
Hi Cheryl, and welcome to FaithWriters.

Well, what an uplifting message this was. I really hope it's true because it gave my heart such a lift to see the provision of God. But even if it isn't, I know that He does things like this through men and women all the time - we just have to respond to His prompting to be generous.

Cheryl, you really have come to the best place to find encouragement, guidance, and inspiration to help you grow as a writer. This little piece of writing is a bit of a diamond in the rough. It needs quite a lot of polishing so that nothing will get in the way of the message you are wanting to share.

One of the best ways to add quite a lot of polish is to start experimenting with punctuation and paragraphs. Visit the FaithWriters' Message boards and start asking questions from the other members, or do a Google for information. As a basic guide though, start a new paragraph when ever a new thought begins, or a slight change is made in what you are saying. Also change to a new paragraph whenever a different person starts to speak.

With punctuation, the best way to find out where to put it is to read your work out aloud. It may feel a bit silly doing that, but it will give you a very basic idea of where to put your commas and fullstops (or periods). It won't be perfect, but it should help you to pick up some of the places you are missing now. As you're reading, make a note of the spots where you pause. That will probably be a good place to put a comma or a fullstop. Like I said, it's not totally reliable, but a good way to get started.

If you haven't done so already, I hope you'll come over to the message boards. You'll find a lot of inspiration and encouragement over there.

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator and Editor, FaithWriters' Magazine)