The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1125 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/11/07
What a wonderful story! Charming! I picked this one first to read due to the title. But I loved your voice throughout and I could almost smell that pie. Good details and the story moved at a good pace. Nice writing!!
01/11/07
A story I can really relate to. Better yet, I don't even like peach pie and your words make me want to have a slice! Well done.
Very well done! Your story flowed and was every touching. I really like how you introduced the elderly gentleman, after the young woman lets her guard down and opens the bars on her window, much like her life. Again, well done! God bless your gift of words.
01/14/07
This was so lovely and well-written. She opened her window and then opened her heart; a metaphor as wonderful as I'm sure the pie was. A very real character and a gem of a story. Well done!
I LOVED this! Charming and heartwarming at the same time. It carried a sort of cozy feel near the end, and I love how you described opening the windows and then hearing a 'voice'. I especially liked how you wove the pie into it, great writing!
01/16/07
I have to agree with the other. This is a wonderful piece.
01/17/07
Very sensory, and a wonderful story! Your details were wonderful and I felt like I was right there. My only suggestion is that I think the ending could have been stronger. It just seemed to fizzle out a bit. Otherwise, absolutely MARVELOUS!
01/18/07
Great story. Good details and easy to read.