In Revelation 19:9 (NLT) the angel says to the Apostle John “Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb." And he added, "These are true words that come from God." He is speaking of the Church; the bride of Christ (all true Christians). The Bible is clear that a true believer is sealed by the Holy Spirit and that nothing “shall be able to separate us from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39).”
1 Peter 1:3-5 “According to his great mercy, he (God) has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”
True Christians stay – not by their power but by God’s and that is good news. So if you are a true Christian you will, one day, celebrate that “wedding feast of the Lamb." That begs the question then, how does one know that he is a true believer?
The Bible says in 1Peter 5:8 that “the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” The next thing he writes to the believer is “Resist him, firm in your faith…” True Christians resist the devil. True Christians fight back. If the Holy Spirit lives in you, you will resist the devil. That is not to say that you will suddenly become perfect but that you will concern yourself with lining your life up with the word and the will of the God who loves you. It is either real or it isn’t. It has absolutely zero to do with your past, your parents' faith, a prayer you said a long time ago, baptism, etc. How does Satan devour? He deceives and fools you into believing his lies that are designed to move you away from the truth. With that in mind, always be on your guard for the lion that seeks to devour.
SATAN’S TOP 10 LIES:
10) That financial gain should be your number one priority.
9) That you can be a Christian yet choose not be part of the body – the local church.
8) That it’s no use praying; that your prayers are unheard.
7) That something, anything in addition to God’s grace by faith in Jesus will get you to heaven.
6) That not all of the Bible could possibly be true.
5) That the Bible (God’s Word) is not relevant to me.
4) That God is not good.
3) That fear of man is paramount.
2) That God doesn’t love you.
1) That God’s grace can’t quite reach your deepest sin.
James 4:7 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”