Jesus Christ"felt" the pain and agony of the weight of the cross, showing the humanity in divinity
“Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?”
Matthew 27:45-46; Mark 15:34; Luke 23:43
God was Jesus in the flesh and Jesus was and is God!
Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Isaiah 53:4; Deuteronomy 29:18
Whenever a Christian is deeply afflicted from every corner and by every form of affliction possible, it is time to pray (though difficult to do in the moment and situation)
Prayer opens our eyes to the whys and what-next
Job prayed when he was afflicted in the most horrible way and as we see, it was because satan was being his devious self (Job 1:8-12; )
1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.
The moments that we feel overwhelmed by problems of life and think… “oh, woe is me! I am the only one in this world with the most problems”, no, tap strength from the word of God (Isaiah 43:2; Psalm 91: 14-15)
I will be with you IN the situation, so says the Lord. We should expect problems and challenges because they are part of the package for various reasons! John 15:16-21.
- The afflictions of the righteous, the devil sends physical and spiritual warriors to battle you for Christ’s sake because YOU are marked and set aside by the Lord!
- The reason sometimes could be that ancestral curses, repetitive patterns and core ancestral covenants; are in place that restitution and deliverance is needed (once saved, no more problems? I don’t know about that) remember … I shall visit the iniquities of the fathers even unto the 4th generation!
- Personal sins that beset and weaknesses. Character that is not godly keeps a ladder in place for the enemy who is roaming-around-looking –for- whom-he may devour, to freely climb in.
- Family members involved in occultism (Matthew 10:36), are not happy about you being in Christ, thereby try continually to either lure you in or overwhelm you with problems in order to break your resolve or destroy you
- It could be GOD TESTING YOU (1 Corinthians 10-13; 1 Peter:7; Malachi 3:3; Proverbs 17:3)
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
I love that man, of Galilee
For He has done so very much for me
He has forgiven me all my sins
and sent the Holy Ghost to me
I love that man of Galilee