Return to Content
Read Our Devotional
Opportunities to be Published
The Home for Christian Writers! Matthew 6:33
ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BY COMMENTING
Add to Favorites
wait on the LORD
Not For Sale
Author requests article critique
Wait on the LORD
Waiting is hard to do. Waiting for God’s timing rather than choosing to act in our own time. It’s easy to try to help God the way Abraham and Sarah did when they devised to have the promised son through Hagar their maid servant, rather than wait for God’s promised son Isaac a little later. To this day there is war in the mid-east between these nations pursuant to their actions.
These days we have modern conveniences that supposedly make our lives easier. Microwave ovens, cell phones, frozen dinners, drive in banks, drive in restaurants. We’re accustomed to get what we desire immediately. Our grandparents would be shocked to see all these things.
Isaiah 40:28-31 is refreshing.
Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength ; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary and they shall walk and not faint.
Facts in these verses:
1. He is the creator
2. He is everlasting
3. He does not faint or grow weary as we do
4. He understands all things- even when we don’t
5. He gives power to the weary and increases our strength when we feel we have no strength left. Have you ever felt weary? I have, it’s easy to grow weary with the troubles we face daily.
6. If we wait on the LORD, he will renew our strength. To mount up with wings like an eagle, what does that mean? Eagles soar high on the wind. They use the wind to soar to high places. We will be able to run and not be weary, and walk and not faint when we wait on the LORD. Running takes a lot out of you, yet he says that we can run and not be weary. God gives us the strength to carry on.
7. Galatians 6:9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in time we will reap if we do not grow weary. NASB
8. Zechariah 4:6 Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit saith the LORD. KJV
Application: What are you waiting on the LORD for that you may be tempted to get ahead of God?
Prayer: LORD, it is difficult to wait for your timing sometimes. I see a way and desire to take that road. Help me to trust your timing. In Jesus name amen.
© 2010 by Zorrine Bailey
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
Reader Count & Comments
This article has been read
Read more articles by
or search for other articles by topic below.
Search for articles on: (e.g. creation; holiness etc.)
Read more by clicking on a link:
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.
Link To Us
Become A Member