The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 195 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/28/22
As a pastor for fifty years you bring a breadth and depth to this topic having ministered to so many hurting people over the decades.

You wrote “I do know that pain will never have the final say,” Amen to that!

One tiny thing I believe there is a stray semicolon between deeply and with in
“Thankfully, God invites us to live more deeply; with him”

You have a well crafted title, so important. I loved the repetition of the “p’s” and how you repeated it in your final paragraph with an important addition. An excellent essay on a difficult topic. Well done.
That is so well said…now if I could only burn that truth into my forgetful little human brain. Thanks for this entry.
Beautiful ~ This particular sentence of yours is a keeper so I'll print it and use it for a bookmark in my Bible:

"Yet God’s call is for us to sensitively permeate the damage with the fragrance of his grace and truth, to be agents of his healing touch for the hurting and of his redemption for the guilty."

I once listened to a crippled but godly woman speak on the subject of pain. Her frail body was riddled with pain, yet from her face I saw a glow that only a saint of God could possess. She closed with this:

"If I had to choose between grace and healing, I'd choose grace every time. Healing is only temporary, but grace is eternal." Amen and amen.

Your entry is full of compassion and kindness. God bless it to comfort many who may need it now.

05/02/22
Your entry touched me deeply and I can understand as I too work with people and witness their hurts, disappointments, trauma. Your entry reminded me that pain is indeed temporary, and that respite and grace can be found with Jesus. Thank you for such an inspiring piece and for the important work you do in serving others.
Such wisdom you have gained as a pastor, and how clearly you show that while pain is a horrible evil at this time, it does not come from God, and it will not be our master. The pain and suffering of Jesus, along with His resurrection, won for ua a peace in heaven. Thank you for your inspirational discourse.
05/04/22
Such a well written, insightful, encouraging, ministering message! I live with chronic pain and sometimes on the worse days, it’s hard to understand why God allows it. Especially when you see unsaved living and enjoying pain free lives...but ultimately I don’t have to understand, just remember God loves me and like Job, I must keep holding on to God above all else!! Thank you for this! Well done!
05/06/22
Wow, Noel!

Your words truly describe the inner workings of God's word and promises. And your lifelong experience of ministering to others, is all part of the plan, especially when it's " calling" which you clearly were gifted with.

Excellent message, powerfully written and delivered.

Thank you for sharing this with us which no doubt has touched many hearts.

God bless~