The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 264 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Talk about putting your words into actions!! This man was God's man of the hour at the time of great need. Too many people pass judgment on unwed mothers when what they need is love, help, understanding; not judgment and being ostracized. God bless whoever it was who blessed this young mother-to-be even when others pulled away. Kudos!
11/11/21
Brilliant and heartwarming - especially as it's non-fiction.
11/15/21
What an amazing story. Tears came to my eyes at the incredible generosity. One tiny thing. You had single quotes around the father’s words. I would use double quotes and capitalize the first word: “You made your bed...” Thank you for sharing this beautiful story of kindness.
11/17/21
That is a wonderful testimony- both of kindness, and your courage . It would be lovely if your son one day chooses to follow in that man’s footsteps too.
11/17/21

What a splendid write-up! I am deeply touched.
But, forgive me, if I stray away. In social science, it is said: 'Satisfied needs cease to be motivators.'' Beyond this incredible kindness, what's your take if:
(i) that giver is your son's father unless you are sure he is not?
(ii) the giver has strings attached?
Excellently written article, showing true kindness of a Christian gentleman
11/18/21
Robert, to answer your question. I did eventually find out who the person was. He was a few years older than me, and a millionaire. We had dinner together once when my son was about 2, and I had the chance to thank him in person. There were no strings attached. The amount given was not enough to allow me to rest on my laurels, I still had use my savings, and work on campus to pay all my bills, but it allowed me to continue my studies without a break.

Philippa - that son of mine is now a millionaire and a more generous and loving person I would be hard-pressed to meet. I wrote about him for the Gentle challenge: https://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article-level4-previous.php?id=60887
11/18/21
What an amazing experience with the kindness of a stranger. Congratulations on 2nd place.
11/21/21
Corrine,

Your story shows how God works in our lives in unexpected ways.

It was especially poignant because it was a true story.

I am so glad the immeasurable joy your son has brought to your life.

Well-written story.