The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 405 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/18/18
After working in an inner city ministry for almost 20 years, stories of homelessness touch me. This is a great story and well-written. God bless.
10/19/18
Your title caught my eye and I'm glad it did! It was so good to hear this account of the homeless man and his art - a great reminder of the way God gives talents and uses them. What a blessing that you recognised his talent. You've told it in a very engaging way too.
Thank you for sharing this story. I think every single one of us has latent gifting's from God but don't know it because they were rejected and made to feel worthless probably in childhood. What if YOU (we!) asked God to show you (us) the hidden potential in every single one of them...not some of them but all of them, and then, for the first time in their lives, a seed of self-worth might be planted inside their hearts. A seed does take time to grow. But someone has to plant it. The 'dove man's' mother planted that seed in him. God bless you.
*giftings
10/21/18
What an encouraging story, and oh so convicting!
10/23/18
Lovely story and a reminder to
us all that everyone has a gift.
We need to keep our eyes and ears open and God will direct us if He wants us to help. You had what Leon needed to reveal
that gift. Blessings.
10/23/18
Beautiful, well- told story. I could see the story and characters as it all played out.
10/25/18
Great work here - Congratulations. I read it earlier, but didn't comment - now I wish I had.
10/27/18
Congratulations on your EC, for it is well-deserved. The way you have drawn out the developing relationship between your MC and Leon opens our eyes to the dignity of people who are so easily overlooked.