The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 719 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/21/16
So many questions. I love this.
07/28/16
So vivid! I could easily envision Jacques out there gathering and pondering thoughts of past, present and future. Sometimes we all need to just get away like this and sort though our thoughts. Very well written! Enjoyed!
07/28/16
I should have guessed you wrote this, Vonnie. It has you all over it. Such a wonderful story. <3
07/28/16
Congratulations Vonnie on placing 7th in Editor's Choice. Your entry is beautifully described, and visually stimulating. Yeah!
07/30/16
Congratulations, Vonnie, on your 7th place win in the EC awards.

The repeating question really strengthened the story by drawing attention to the MC.
07/31/16
Great writing, Yvonne! Congratulations on your well-deserved EC. I really enjoyed this story and could picture Jacques doing these things, taking time to be alone and think, while still safely within sight of Mum. It was a pleasure to read this.
Your lovely engagement of the senses makes this vignette read almost like poetry.
I loved your imagery, Yvonne. I do wish I knew what Jacques was heading off to next!
08/22/16
The very first line of your well written tale,immediately drew me closely in as I imagined and heard the screen door of my youth.

A very lovely tale indeed.