The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2791 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/15/12
Oh this was so clever and such a fun read. I clearly was right there in MC's thought process. I loved it.

Good job. Thank you.

God Bless~
03/17/12
Hehehe Oh, this is great! I actually wrote a similar story for the challenge a few years ago, so I can't say I was surprised by the ending (knew about half way in) but then, what can I say? Great minds think alike, right? ;-)
03/17/12
Love it! I didn't "get it" until the diaper. Great writing!
I love it! Especially when he achieved success - I could picture his fingers dancing. What fun, and what an important achievement.
With a new group of babies in the clan, I can really identify with this. I liked the suspense until the diaper line. Then I laughed. I really enjoyed this.
03/17/12
Bahahhahaha! What a delightful piece! Loved it! I suspected, as I read, what direction your were going in, but didn't really catch on until the 'diaper' showed up.

Loved this piece; well done! You made my heart smile!
Delightful piece! I didn't catch on right away--what can I say?--I'm a bit slow. So when the "light dawned," I got a big laugh. Great storytelling!
03/17/12
Love the perspective of this piece. So delightful and well-executed. Great job!
03/17/12
So cute! This had me guessing all the way up to the diaper part as well. :) This will be a winner for sure!
03/19/12
Very cute. Good choice of details--the bald head and chubby feet. Great idea.
haha, too cute! You had me, didn't see the end coming until his little diapered rear end :-)
So very creative. Had me going especially with the bald head and chubby feet. The diaper brought the light just as it did for so many others. Excellent.
03/21/12
This was absolutely adoreable! It took me a while to catch on. I like your technique in keeping the reader hooked until the revealing of what's really going on! Lovely story!
03/22/12
A hearty Congratulations!
God Bless you~
WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO JOANNE!!! Congrats on your EC!!!
Another WoooooooooHoooooooooo, Jo, here for a well-deserved placing with this really delightful piece!
03/22/12
So sweet! I knew when the MC got to the furniture arm that it was a baby, if it wasn't an incredibly short adult, ha! Super job hooking and reeling us in. Congrats on the win!
03/22/12
What can I say that hasn't already been said? I loved it!
03/22/12
Congratulations! Well done!
03/22/12
YAY JOANNE! Big congrats on your EC! Told you this would be a winner. ;)
03/22/12
This has everything--charm, suspense, a touch of humor, and an a-ha moment! You exhibit fantastic skill with this. Super work! I LOVE THIS! JJJJJoooooooooooooaaaaannnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee! Woo woo!!!!!!!!
03/22/12
Very cute entry:) Nice job, Jo! Congratulations!!!
03/22/12
Congratulations! What a fun read! Clever POV...so well done! Applause!
03/23/12
Aw, what a priceless story! Congrats on the EC.
03/23/12
This kept me guessing right until the end...Loved it!
Ah. So clever. I was guessing and guessing. Loved the surprise. Congratulations!
09/11/12
Fun! I puzzled over the plot - you drew me in well and truly - and laughed when it all became clear. Excellent writing. Lots of fun to read.
09/30/14
Helloooo again! Time for another critique to repay you for the one you gave me. (Wild Rollercoaster) All I have to say for this one is that it had me grinning at the end. You honestly kept me guessing until the diaper part. Actually, that's my only suggestion for this. Don't mention the diaper at all: let the reader figure it out as soon as the baby says "Ma ma!" In my mind that would make it even funnier. Just a suggestion. God bless!