The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1849 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/16/10
This is so poignant and lovingly written. Your last stanza should have a tissue warning. :) Beautiful work!
07/16/10
This is so rich and full and haunting. What a testimony to what a true marriage can offer.
I hope you have shared this with your loved one.

Mona
This is a beautiful poem that really touches the heart. Thank you.
07/16/10
Beautiful poem, so well written. A life well-lived is here in just a few lines.
This is so tenderly written. It reminds me in some ways of the poem "If You Go First And I Remain."
We don't often write verses like this because it seems to smack of melancholy but yours is hopeful and full of love. Very lovely!
07/19/10
What a heartfelt, poignant poem! Lovely writing--well done.
07/19/10
Beautiful. The last stanza really melted me. Wow.
07/19/10
Beautiful! It reflects a topic I've been studying this week, about what is the worst that can happen and allowing God to be there for it.
07/19/10
A wonderful meaningful verse that would be precious to give a spouse for a golden wedding anniversary or some other special occasion.
07/19/10
You have a winner here, Verna! You have certainly expressed for me what I could never hope to say! Beautiful!
07/19/10
Beautiful, especially the last stanza! If only all Christian couples would love this deeply.
This is so touching, so sweet and so right on! What a lovely, lovely love poem. Just wish I would have been able to come up with it first. :)
beautiful. makes me want to go hug my husband. we just celebrated 12 years, and I keep thinking- this will just be a blip when it's been 52, should God grant us that.

not sappy, but emotional. tender, not over-the-top. this really resonated with me. well done.
Now you have me sniffling. We've just celebrated 34yrs this past weekend so this tugged on my heart strings for sure!
You're a testimony of the love God put in your hearts for one another. Thanks for such a witness of true love that runs deeper than anything life can hand out. Blessings!
07/22/10
I love the romanticism in your poem, it is completly enjoyable to me. Thanks for such a high effort!
07/22/10
Of such passionate love expressed within a poem, the strong feelings well expressed of how we love our spouse. All these came through in your writing.
"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, that way I'll never have to live a day without you." Winnie the Pooh


That's what this sweet, heart tugging poem made me think of :-) The flow was so smooth and natural, I felt I was just gliding along!
07/22/10
What a precious poem!
I loved the 'growing old together' tone.
You hit the nail on the head with hear-ing, especially in relation to age. LOVE IT!
07/22/10
Congrats, Verna! I'm so glad to see this wonderful poem recognized!
07/22/10
Heartfelt and beautiful!
Congratulations! Hugs, Rita
07/22/10
Congrats for finishing in the editors top ten. Again a very beautiful poem!
07/23/10
Congratulations, Verna! I knew this was a winner. It's so beautiful. You know it made me cry.
07/23/10
Ahhh...Verna, you made me cry!
This is beautiful!
07/23/10
So much love in this poem. Awesome! Congratulations on your EC!
07/24/10
Dear Verna, your writing is always so full of sweet tenderness, especially this poem. I'd like to steal it! It should be shared aloud at family gatherings, weddings, funerals, all.

I know! Perhaps someone can put it to music. Singers will make it as famous as The Wedding Song by Paul Stookey!
07/24/10
Verna...your gift is right from God's heart. What a blessing to be able to pen such tenderness that leaves us teary-eyed and yet so hopeful!
You know I love you, dearly!!