The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1893 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Cleverly written with good truths within. I think I'd like to be a librarian in heaven and tell stories to little children.
03/22/09
So cute and fun. Great personalities you gave to your Me AND Pete. To many fun one-liners to mention - but this was an absolute pleasure to read. Even the footnote made me laugh. :)
03/23/09
Love your wit! I wrote one once that was along these same lines (conversation with Peter at the Gate) and it is the only thing my family ever scolded me for writing. They thought I was being disrespectful of a holy encounter. Yours was definitely NOT disrespectful... just pure fun.
03/24/09
Humor writing is definitely your forte, girlfriend! This just made me grin all the way through--so much fun!
03/24/09
Tee hee...this was a fantastic St. Pete story. So very, very funny with a touch of warmth. Loved it.
03/24/09
Absolutely priceless! Your humor here is just what I needed tonight.
03/25/09
Love it! And I want to be next to you in line when we see the REAL Peter at the Gates--ahem. You made me laugh-thanks!
So very humorous and enjoyable to read! Well done!
03/26/09
Very cute! Congratulations on your win!
03/26/09
Congratulations... I'm not surprized at all.
03/26/09
You have a great sense of humor! Congratulations!
03/26/09
Congrats on placing 2nd with this one. Truly an enjoyable and entertaining read.
03/26/09
Congratulations! This is so fun, and you deserve it.
03/26/09
Such a joy! I can hear Saint Peter chuckling.

You're gifted. You are gifted with the gift of making smiles.
03/26/09
Congratulations, Sheri! Chalk another one up for great humor. We love reading your writings.
03/27/09
You are IT girl.
Just so fantastic!

I think if you had italicized the word [moves] in the first side note about St. Pete -- it would have made it even better. Just for added emphasis, you know? :) I just love that line and scene. Hilarious.

To do humor and do it with such freshness and originality is A GIFT.

I applaud you. I could kiss you! :)

I hope you are writing a book, Sheri. :) So many people would be blessed.
Too too fun! My favorite line: "Aren’t there churches that believe you have to earn your way into God’s Kingdom—why not let them do all the work?" Congrats on your EC!!!
Great piece. Good inspiration. Congratulations!!