The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2014 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/17/08
I wish we could use emoticons here...lol. VERY, very funny!
10/18/08
Oh boy! How funny! Poor kitty is in for it!
10/19/08
Hee, Hee....got me! I love the name of the cat.
10/19/08
You got me too! Great little hints, and definitely a fun piece.
10/20/08
The last two lines are so funny. I could picture that cat proudly walking away. I don't know how, but I guessed early on that it was a cat's POV. I think it was because of the ornaments coming off the bottom first. Still, very funny.
I was getting all sentimental for the mother undressing her tree and treasuring her ornaments, Then came your twist...very clever and funny, too!
Well done! I laughed when I realised who was taking down the Christmas tree. I really like this one.
10/20/08
I knew it was a cat from the line about the red squishy one "near the floor". But it didn't take away from the delightful flow of your poem.
10/23/08
Congratulations on your EC. I was glad to see it placed...it was so funny.
Congratulations, Lynda! Your spontaneity on Thrusday morning paid off!
Congratulations, Lynda! I just love this 'cute as a kitten' poem! :) I read it the first day of posting and chuckled all day long thinking about it. My comment is late but wanted to tell you how much I love this little tail...er...I mean tale! heehee!