The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 422 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very entertaining. A little name mix up; the first time the older man is Cyran, then he is Cryan. He speaks with a lot of wisdom and does a good job comforting your MC. Nicely done.
03/08/19
Great dialogue and body language. I could almost visualize it, except not sure what the MC was involved in where he had to leave his family, and be outside and all alone with the older man. Scouts?
I enjoyed the little mystery involved in your story, wanting to know more. it was obvious the MC had left purposefully, and the homesickness was palpably. I really liked the wisdom of the old man. This could definitely be the first chapter of a book!
03/08/19
Aw, I like how the older gentleman connected with your MC. And you left me with questions, wanting to hear more of the story. Nice job. :)
03/08/19
Love this character and how real she is. I saw the typos but they are easily fixed and do not detract from the story at all.

Well done.
03/09/19
I enjoyed your entry and it was completely on topic, so well done,
Thank you.

Blessings~
03/09/19
This is really good. I also want to know more. Hope you continue this story some time.
03/10/19
I felt like I was at the campfire with your MC. The imagery makes it feel like historic fiction, but I could not place where they were. Perhaps that is more evident in the expanded version to come?!?

Your characters are very realistic. I am curious as to why the MC was so quick to say he couldn't go home. Did he leave on bad terms, or was it a commitment to the group he was with on this trip? More questions for the expanded version.