The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1971 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/19
You had great descriptions of this place. I felt like I was there and I was also glad to leave it when you did! :)
01/10/19
You had great descriptions of this place. I felt like I was there and I was also glad to leave it when you did! :)
01/10/19
Definitely a goose-bump inducer! The scene was set well- I pictured such a market in Hawaii.
This was a very well written piece. Your descriptions were eye opening, making the reader almost smell and feel your experience. Masterful the way you gave enough information about yourself throughout the piece with very few details.
01/11/19
Deep and insightful writing, well done.

God Bless~
01/11/19
You have a true gift for storytelling. The descriptions were vivid and the story packed a valuable lesson.
01/13/19
A story well told. You drew me into the scene with its colours and smells as you described it drawing you in to. But, as the ending told, it was full of false promise and you turned instead to true freedom and the true Paradise. Great writing!
01/13/19
A correction to my comment above: 'as you described it drawing you in too.'
01/13/19
Well written. I could visualize the market well. I liked how you showed your intrigue and temptation by their wares and whiffs and how you walked away from it. Loved the ending!
01/17/19
Congratulations on your first place story!!
01/17/19
Congrats!
God Bless~
01/17/19
Congratulations! Loved this. Your vivid descriptions and details brought the scene to life.
01/17/19
Congratulations! Loved this. Your vivid descriptions and details brought the scene to life.
01/25/19
Congratulations on placing 1st place, Tracy!

Your writing used all the senses--smell, touch, visual, and sound. The smell of weed has the opposite effect on me.
I'm not surprised at all that this won. It's well-told, it's inspirational, it's a winner in every way. Big time Kudos !