The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1132 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/13/10
So, flies really do have a purpose. I was in the room, just a fly on the wall, as I read this great take on the subject.
Good job.

Mona
That poor sap...er...I mean, what a sick...well, that won't work either.

I clicked on it for the title and the story was pretty interesting--definitely wince-worthy, but not bad overall. I had to laugh at the way the flies went on and I'm surprised the FMC didn't just grab a flyswatter and stalk 'em...but then again, they gave her a wonderful idea...heehee, thanks for sharing!
I liked it, and like my former commenters struggling to contain my own puns (poor ones in my case). Thought it was quite original and funny although I wasn't that crazy about the vomit bit, I can see how Ickypoo and Sicko liked it though :-).

I guess what they say is true...everybody's a critic...even the wall flies!
Got share some irony...I'm burping the baby while reading this...got to the vomit line and he made a sound that made me push away the laptop...timing couldn't have been planned better. You gave me lots to laugh about.
05/19/10
Thanks, enjoyed the chuckles and visuals you drew with your words!
Loved the title--certainly got my attention!

Also really liked the convo between the flies. Didn't know they have a sense of humor, sick as it is.

Really cute take on the topic and definitely original.
05/19/10
My first thought after reading this confirmed that I need not feel guilty for swatting a fly, it only shortens their life by a few hours. :) But then, when I reached the end, I wanted to go look behind the pictures on our wall. :) Fun read!
I have to say...you critics are probably the most original ones this week! :-)