The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 947 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/10/09
Thank you for allowing us to peek into all those books right along side you. I thought the bulletin board collection very fun; maybe it's time to take some of the old down and add the new?

You did a great job using colorful descriptions (pun intended)

The only line that tripped me up is this one:
My job as a data enterer is to input into the computer the book information, such as title, author, publisher, and key words for the on-line user.

Very bulky.Even if Data Enterer is the correct title of your job I would hesitate to use it. followed by 'input into' slows the sentence down even more.

Other then that, your piece flowed nicely. And I rather envy your position of having all those books at your fingertips! Marvelous!
12/11/09
I'll send you some of my "golden oldies" and you can add even more wonderful description to this piece. Very good.
Okay - now I have to go check my book collection... especially after the Oscar visit. I really enjoyed reading this. Fascinating job - kind of like exploring for new treasure everyday. What are the chances of finding a pic of Washington, or Lincoln....
12/14/09
I too tripped over the term "data enterer." I always thought it was data entry clerk or even data entry specialist. Other than that, good job. Since you call it highlights I did want one or two more sentences about the highlighted text. Was there a key to the different colors or maybe you just wondering what they meant.