The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1268 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I liked the way the father taught a lesson and was glad his son was receptive and perceptive. Good story.
Completely gripping - excellent writing. I like the parable; it made me stop and think. A wise dad and a wise son. Well done.
02/07/09
I really LOVE your title, and how the story brings the title home...I can feel the tension of the father's inner turmoil, and then a big sigh of relief comes at the end--how rewarding. Terrific writing.
02/08/09
Wonderful storytelling, and a fabulous parable. Excellent.
02/08/09
WONDERFUL double meaning in the title--and I really love the way you portrayed this father-and-son retlationship. Nothing goopy or sweet, just realism and genuine love. The "story within a story" is fascinating...very well done!
02/09/09
This is so "teen-ager." I love the ending and the fact that Bart really does "come around." The historical facts were good, too! Not sure if they were authentic, but I was convinced.
02/09/09
Wonderful story about a son raised well and a father who really knows how to pan for gold. Well done.
02/09/09
Loved the double meaning in the title!! Awesome story too, had me riveted and intrigued and then delivered a happy ending like a cherry on top. Well done. But now, how about the story of the father and HIS father???? Pretty please!!!
02/09/09
Interesting story. I like the way Dad told the story to get his thoughts across. It's a good lesson.
I thoroughly enjoyed both stories, and the father's teaching method, too. Brilliant!
Oooh. Good one. Ya got me. I loved this. Great job. ^_^
Compelling way for the father to speak into his son!
02/12/09
I love your out-of-the-box entry that tells a wonderful story. I'd be really surprised if you didn't place with this one!