The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1836 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/02/07
Oh, this is so moving and poignant! The characters, especially Oren, just came alive on the page. Great details.
Wonderful. Very descriptive, satisfying ending. I could feel everything Oren felt. Well done.
Very poignant article. Beautifully and sensitively written with a ton of lessons to be learned from it.
02/06/07
Such a sad story, but we are left with a glimmer of hope at the end when Oren shares his burden with his mother. This was wonderfully written, and the vivid descriptions really brought the story to life.
02/06/07
Sad, and wonderfully written, with just the right degree of hope at the end.
02/06/07
A great story. Only one hesitation goes with it, and that is that I am unsure as to whether or not dyslexia was known about in the time period you set. Because of that, I don't know if Oren's mom would have been so understanding. Beautiful writing, and you captured the emotions and characterization incredibly well.
02/06/07
Oh, I loved this. As others have said, the characters really came to life, especially Oren.
02/06/07
This is so well done. I could see the scene clearly and my heart ached for Oren. Thanks so much for sharing this
Great job in letting the reader feel the shame of this poor young man who struggles to read. Good use of "showing" rather than "telling."
02/07/07
I really could feel "Oren's Burden." This was very well done.
Charming is the word that comes to mind after I read this! Poor Oren had my sympathy for his daydreaming (Something I am far too eager to indulge myself in as well) I liked the conflict you showed between his attention and wanting to please his parents and understand at the same time. Very well done with something like this! ^_^
Great story. I have eye problems that lead to similar problems as dyslexia, and can identify with this story. Good job!
02/08/07
I REALLY enjoyed this. Excellent job. God bless.
02/08/07
Very touching story! I saw Oren as a very intelligent, perceptive, and imaginative boy who was suffering an unknown affiction. His pain was evident, too, and I sorrowed with him over the injustice of his treatment. Great job!