The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1634 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/22/06
This is like a slideshow view of this man's life--I really like this unique approach.

One minor spelling glitch: "aisle" instead of "isle" (unless she's getting married on a tiny island).

This is clever, unique, and very creative.
06/23/06
"Unique" doesn't seem an adequate word to describe this wonderful conversation between "me, myself, and I" that you have written. This is just so delightfully clever. A reader can't help but fall in love with this fellow, as his story unfolds.
06/23/06
What a wonderful POV. Enjoyed this very much. One other little "glitch". Should be altar not "alter", although responding to the altar call does alter one's life! Good job.
06/26/06
Creative, unique, wish I could find the perfect word. The honesty, the openess of this life through the looking glass!
This is amazing. You smoothly covered the emotions of a lifetime in 750 words. Beautiful job.
George, this is exquisite! What a powerful, natural voice you've developed here; I was absorbing rather than merely 'reading,' it's so strong. (I hear guys really do talk to themselves like this--remember "The Truman Show?") Wonderful piece!
06/26/06
Brilliant and clever. Very well written.

(some missing commas in the last two paragraphs... "Well, guys,..." and "...the line, boys." Just a minor oversight; you have direct address nailed in the other places.)

I really enjoyed this... really got a sense of a life well lived.
06/26/06
Boo hoo! Very nice, very touching... you hit it right on the nail in your descriptions of the wedding and the church scene. Nice style!
06/26/06
Wow George! I ab-so-lute-ly love this! It IS brilliant! Who cares about those tiny little glitches! I hope you do something about this one!
Tell me please...where did you learn how to write? This is really good. :)
06/27/06
George, I LOVE this! What a creative, introspective approach! Your vulnerability makes this piece so real and endearing. I love the crybaby line. The whole thing was so touching and nostalgic. Great job!
06/27/06
Terrific, introspective way to look at one's life. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing it with us.
06/27/06
The title fits -- Life at a Glance -- and it sums up the story written so well. I loved it. Thank you! :)
This is very well done. I enjoyed the unigue POV. The title was perfect.
06/27/06
Loved the approach, like a movie or slideshow tracing the man. Great writing. Hope it wins more than a mention.
George, I'm with dub, hope this places. As I read through the entries I end up letting more than a few know "they are my favorite" this week. But some weeks that's just how it is...and you are one of my favorites. I loved the line...couldn't lead a silent prayer...I've been there.

Blessings!
Trina<><
06/28/06
Great story. Life's snapshots can be interesting can't they? Good work.
06/29/06
Wonderful - I loved going step by step - creatively done!