The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 287 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/08/19
I've heard stories like this before, and it's always amazing to me. Well done!
11/10/19
Loved this story. Somehow I feel that whenever we do something while being let by the spirit we always receive a blessing from God. We need to be more aware of God's leading.

The first paragraph was a little confusing to me. I had to read it a couple time to understand what you were saying. I think the rest of the story was well written. Thanks for sharing!
11/11/19
I thought your first paragraph was fine.

One little suggestion... No need for three explanation points, really. I know we often use multiple ones in casual writing, but in formal writing, they should really be reserved for dialogue only, and if you do use them outside of dialogue, only use one.

Even if this was a true story, I think I'd like to see a reword/second version of this with a bit of a twist ending... "Guess who won the money? No, not Bob. But it didn't matter, because given was the greatest gift of all." Or something like that. I think it would be interesting to see people's reactions to the different endings. :)

Anyway, great job telling the story here.
11/14/19
Excellent story and well told!