The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1828 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/20/05
I like the correlation of the grape falling, dying and new growth. A beautiful description of breaking hope.
10/20/05
Yes, clever correlations. Good job.
Wonderful comparison of the seed to the human 'death to life' experience!
Good comparison--I enjoyed this. I did feel like it had a "too easy" ending, but it is a good story. :-)
10/21/05
A good comparison. I, too, felt that Marilyn's healing was a little too quick. But it was a good story. And Miracle-Grow -- that's funny!
10/22/05
What a wonderful story. I liked the way you tied the life of the seed with Marilyn's spiritual life.
Once I caught onto the transition signal *** I could relax and enjoy these concurrent stories. Great idea
10/23/05
Well-written. Liked your analogies and your message! Good job! Jo
10/24/05
Sally, I was one of the judges this week, and I really loved this story. Your parallels between the grape and the woman were wonderful, and your "take" on this topic was unique. Well done, and be encouraged--you're a talented writer.
10/24/05
Sally, as Jan said, be encouraged. This was an excellent piece. I just wanted to stop by and let you know that you ranked 8th in the Level 3 list, and 16th overall (out of 135 entries). So well done! There really wasn't much separating the entries in the top 30. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)